pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Makeup Artist crush: Laura Mercier


If I could have a makeup artist come to the house every morning and prep me for the day, it would be Laura Mercier. I know that I would leave the house looking just like myself, only a 100 times better! People would stop me in the street to comment on my fairy tale complexion! (you just got a glimpse into my weird fantasy life…)

A lot of makeup artists concentrate on delivering wow, being creative and modern. I respect how that would be great for a lot of people, for celebrities on the red carpet and just for fun on magazines. Laura Mercier has a different approach – she focuses on flawless skin and a natural effect. I hate to say something as cliché as this, but she is a quintessential French woman in that aspect, and understands that looking great is very different from looking made-up.

Naturally, her makeup line has that same goal of creating perfect skin and bringing out natural beauty. The large majority of her products are tools for creating beautiful skin – primers, foundations, creamy tinted moisturizers, powders, concealers that combine different colors and textures. I’ve recommended a few on this blog already, and I am sure to recommend at least a couple more. She has recently started a skincare line that I haven’t had the chance to test yet, but look forward to.

So pay her website a visit! Check out her Flawless Facephilosophy and her beautiful looks. Enjoy!