pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Allure's Best of Beauty 2011




Fall is my favorite season! It’s a time of new beginnings, red foliage, cider, holidays, and cozy fall fashion (in Austin it won’t actually get cold enough to wear it until December, if we’re lucky, but we still get to admire it in shops).

Of all my favorite things there is one that is like Christmas and my birthday rolled into one – Allure’s Best of Beauty. Every year the editors at Allure test thousands of products, select their favorites in a range of categories and then publish the results in an amazing October issue! Awards are given in the following categories: eyes, lips, skin, nails, base (foundations, concealers, primers…), hair, scent, tools and a couple of smaller categories (sensitive skin, top splurges, natural wonders and guys’ stuff). There are also articles about the Hall of Fame, Breakthroughs and Cheap Thrills.

I spend as much time as possible delaying the gratification of reading the awards section – I read the entire magazine before I go there – and then spend hours examining the awards, looking at the gorgeous pictures and thinking about which products I’m going to try first. Can’t imagine anything better to do on a quiet Sunday morning like yesterday…

Check it out for yourself here and let me know which products get your seal of approval and which ones you can’t wait to try! I’ll write my own post about it this week.