pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Fundamental makeup brushes - recommended brands


Several makeup brands offer great brushes. As you can see from my last post, I managed to collect my makeup brushes from 6 different brands (and that’s before I explored my drawers and found 3 others…). Depending on your needs and level of investment you’re willing to make, here are three brands that are good across the board!

$ Sonia Kashuk Tools – everyone who has spent some time perusing the beauty aisles at Target knows these soft brushes. They are favorites of magazine editors and women everywhere. You really can’t go wroing - great quality at a great price.

$$ Sephora Collection Classic Brushes – Sephora is the ultimate makeup wonderland. The store’s brand products and tools are a good starting point. The selection is impressive and many of their brushes are double-sided, which I really appreciate.

$$$ MAC Brushes – These are the standard. I dare you to find a serious makeup artist that isn’t carrying at least one of these. Top quality, huge selection, every need covered. Follow the link to their interactive brush finder. Select your need from the menu on the right and have fun with the combinations!