pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Luscious lips

When your lips are dry, a stain just won’t cut it. That’s the time to turn to the great staple that is the tinted lip balm. Though the whole category has a certain “granola vibe” to it, not all tinted lip balms are alike and you are sure to find something perfect for your needs.

For the color-phobic I’d recommend Burt's Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm. Not a tinted lip balm, this one has just a hint of color and sheen. It smells and feels delicious without adding a lot of chemicals to the process. I’ll also admit that it’s on this list because I love it and I’ll plug it wherever I can. : )

If you’re looking for some color without a glossy effect, Burt’s Bees also recently launched a new tinted lip balm. Rose, a mix between pink and red, looks like very natural. Again, I like that the ingredient list is short and sweet.

Last but not least, luxe lovers can check out Fresh SugarTinted Lip treatments. Beautiful texture and scent, with three colors to choose from – Honey, Rosé and Plum.