pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Flushed


The blush look I try to recreate is the same that I get naturally, after exercising. My cheeks get a little flushed, a pink/reddish color and slightly dewy.

My current favorite achieves the finish I described above and is called Flush (Tarte clearly knows what they’re doing). It’s a cream-gel that sinks in and looks entirely natural. Though it feels a little sticky right after application, it dries after a few minutes. Staying power is a problem with most cream blushes but I find that this one does a good job of overcoming that.

Apply the stick directly to the apples of the cheeks (the part that is raised when you’re smiling) and blend with your fingers. Start small and build it up if needed. Let it dry until you can’t feel it anymore. Smile when people comment on how healthy you look.