pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Less shine please!

I live in Austin, TX, which means that the summer is ruthless. Temperatures are mostly over 100 degrees and it’s always sunny. Makeup literally melts when you walk out the door!

After putting on a moisturizer with a high SPF, I need something weightless that will keep shine to a minimum. Powder looks like makeup – a matte finish in August is too much of a giveaway – so I’ve found the perfect product to give me a fresh complexion that looks completely natural.

A pea size amount of Laura Mercier’s Secret Finish Mattifying makes my skin look velvety, like it’s been perfected. I apply it mostly to my t-zone (forehead, chin, nose and areas around nose) and I’m good to go. A friend recently commented that I don’t see affected by the heat. If only!